TIDAL ENERGY DEVICES
PROJECT: Ocean Lider – R&D
- Partner consortium created for the project CENIT-E Ocean Lider (Líderes en Energías Renovables Oceánicas)
- Developing the technology for the efficient and comprehensive ocean renewable energy
- Structural analyses and equipment specification for a new design of a TLP marine turbine to harness currents (Patent pending, PCT/ES2013/070328)
PROJECT: FMT Turbine
- Marine turbine specifically designed to harness the energy from tidal and ocean currents.
- Designed for relatively-high-speed water flows at depths with long distance to the seabed
- TLP-like (Tension Leg Platform) mooring
- Robust and simple floater arranged as a nozzle makes the concept feasible
- Validated through prototype tests at model basin.